Lenovo is celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the ThinkPad with the release of a limited special edition retro-designed ThinkPad aptly named ThinkPad 25.
The first ThinkPad was released back in 1992 by IBM. IBM ultimately sold their personal computer division, including the ThinkPad brand, to Lenovo in 2005. ThinkPads are popular business machines and are known for their performance & durability.
The 25th Anniversary ThinkPad 25 is a fine blend of ThinkPad retro-design with modern technology. The ThinkPad 25 is a variation of Lenovo’s current ThinkPad T470 series.
The ThinkPad 25 comes in one configuration at the base price of $1,899. The ThinkPad 25 features include:
- A 7th Generation Intel Core i7-7500U Processor (2.70GHz 4MB)
- Windows 10 Pro 64-bit OS
- 14.0″ FHD PPS AntiGlare Multitouch LED (1920×1080) Display with Integrated Camera
- 16.0GB DDR4 SODIMM (2133MHz) RAM
- 512GB PCIe SSD
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 940MX Graphics Card with 2GB RAM
- Bluetooth Version 4.1
- 3 cell Li-Ion (Fixed) + 3 cell Li-Ion (Removable) Batteries
- Fingerprint Reader
- 7-row Classic Backlit English Keyboard with Blue Enter key
- Intel Wireless-AC 8265 (2×2)
- 3 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB-C with Thunderbolt 3, 1 x 3.5 mm Combo Audio Jack, 1 x HDMI, 1 x RJ-45 Gigabit Ethernet, 4-in-1 Card Reader (SD, MMC, SDHC, SDXC)
- Special Edition ThinkPad 25 logo and special ThinkPad 25 packaging
The 25th Anniversary ThinkPad 25 is on sale now. As this is a special anniversary edition ThinkPad, the ThinkPad 25 will be available for a limited time and in limited quantities.
For more information, visit Lenovo’s website – http://www.lenovo.com.