You’ve accidentally deleted items from your Outlook.com e-mail account. You immediately check your Deleted Items folder but no luck. You realize that you’ve probably emptied the Deleted Items folder since deleting those items so those items are no longer recoverable.
Fortunately, if you recently deleted those items, you may still be able to recover them. Items removed from the Deleted Items folder are moved to a Recoverable Items folder before they are permanently purged. You can recover items in the Recoverable Items folder using the “Recover Deleted Items” feature in Outlook.com.
- First, login to your Outlook.com e-mail account.
- Next, go to the Deleted Items folder and click on “Recover deleted items”. You can also right-click on the Deleted Items folder to access “Recover deleted items …”.
- A “Recover deleted items” window will appear. Locate the items you accidentally deleted and select each item.
- Once you have selected all the items you wish to recover, click “Recover”.
- The recoverable items will be restored to the original folder where they were deleted from.
- Search your Outlook.com e-mail and verify all selected items have been restored.
“Permanently” deleted items in the Recoverable Items folder will not remain there forever so if you accidentally deleted items that are no longer in your Deleted Items folder, use the “Recover Deleted Items” feature as soon as possible.