While trying to install Norton Security on your Mac, you may receive a dialog window that states “A helper tool is needed to install your Norton Product. Install Norton Security is trying to install a new helper tool.”
After entering your Mac credentials, you receive a Norton Security dialog that reads “We are sorry. It seems like something went wrong with the installation of the product. Please contact Support.” Clicking on “Try Later” and attempting re-installation results in the same error.
To workaround this issue, try the steps below:
- Ctrl + click (or right-click) on the “Install Norton Security” installer
- Select “Show Package Contents”
- Double-click on the “Contents” folder
- Double-click on the “Mac OS” folder
- Double-click on “Install Norton Security”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to install Norton Security. You may be required to restart the computer after the installation.
Note: If you are running an older version of a Symantec/Norton security product (including Symantec Endpoint Protection (Mac)), you will be prompted to uninstall the old product before you can install Norton Security. If you are unable to uninstall the old product using the product’s uninstaller (if available), you can try using Symantec’s “RemoveSymantecMacFiles” utility.
To download the “RemoveSymantecMacFiles” utility and for instructions on how to use it, visit the link below: